Sunday, March 16, 2014

Canada Blooms 2014 is here

Hi everyone,
Canada Blooms opened on Friday. It's one of the largest flower and garden shows in North America.  I was there yesterday.  In the past, I've been able to register as Media and get into the show in the mornings before it opens to the public.  This year I joined the Garden Writers Association as a garden photographer.  Our section met at the show for seminars and networking, so I had a double event this year.    

The Canada Blooms show is excellent.  I was surprised to see innovation in the landscape designs.  Landscape Ontario, with its bee theme had some attractive beehive-inspired structures.  The floral design displays showed a sense of humour this year - bikinis created from flowers.  

It is quite a contrast to photograph the show before the crowds surge in.  I got a view of the show from the podium of the main stage.  This may spark a reaction from some of you - fear of public speaking is the number 1 fear.




No comments:

Post a Comment