Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Sep 24 2024 - Real or Fake

 

I couldn't help but notice now many fake items are in the picture below that shows up on Pinterest quite often.  It is cute in a Pinterest way. But it seems to be staged for a picture and not real.  It looks like there is fake grass and the plants are all in pots, especially the potted Chrysanthemums.  I wondered if I was being harsh and thought I'd look up this decorative path.

There's a feature in Google to find the source image.  This image occurs in more than 100 references.  Perhaps it is a stock image. But it should show up with a search on daisy stone path. 

It is even ranked in a Bored Panda article on creative path designs where it is rated against other ideas. But mostly it shows up on Pinterest where images get "shared" unendingly.  There were no stock images like this for sale, so I wonder how it got shared into the hundred plus places it is used.

 This turns out to be a mystery.  Likely this is another of the many AI generated path images.It just seems to look so real compared to the fantasy paths.  

So I guess Pinterest has moved into a lot of AI-generated images and a lot of duplicate pins.  I guess that was what my experience was.  
 

 
So where did this get to?  I think the answer is in the cartoon below.
 
 
I was surprised to see these butterfly chairs at Fallingwater.  Could they be Frank Lloyd Wright designs?  No it is not.  It was originally designed by Antonio Bonet, Juan Kurchan and Jorge Ferrari-Hardoy and made available through Corbusier.

It was through architect Edgar Kaufmann Jr whose father commissioned Wright's Fallingwater that the chair became wildly popular.  He got some for Fallingwater and he added the chair to the permanent collection of MOMA.  

 
Read more daily posts here:
marilyncornwellblogspot.com

Purchase works here:
Fine Art America- marilyncornwell.com
Redbubble - marilyncornwellart.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment