Sometimes an expression comes to my mind This morning it is "random living." We are so intentional about everything - choosing things and doing things based on reasons. There's likely a back-lash to this. Here's one: "For the past couple of months, I have been deciding how to spend my spare time at random. I began it out of curiosity. I wanted to see if there was a better way to manage my leisure activities... Now, I jot down everything I might want to do whenever I find myself with some spare time. Then I use the random number generator at Random.org to effectively select at random which of these activities I will do."
And a website, perchance.org where it shows a biography for a "person." It somehow randomizes things. The biographies seem haphazardly structured and made up of paragraphs "randomly" put together. Maybe a high school class project. Here's Harvey:
"Harvey Parker is a 34-year-old man who lives in Montreal. He was born in a local hospital in London. Growing up in a upper class neighboorhood, his childhood was spent vandalizing bus stops and being outgoing.
His relationship with his family is distant. His mom, Treasure was a school psychologist, while his dad, Jospeh, was died when he was 3.
He never went to college. He currently works as an adhesive bonding machine tender, where he performs poorly.
He is very religious and enjoys rowing and watching the aurora borealis in his free time. Personality-wise, he is dynamic and gentle, but also quite unkind. His favorite color is turquoise, his favorite genre of music is k-pop, and his favorite food is spaghetti bolognese. He has a wife named Hunter Parker.
He has spiky, light brown hair and hazel eyes. He also has an obsession with sweaters."
I looked at 5 profiles and each one has a dad... who "was died when he was 3." OK, another one had a dad who was died at 4.
I guess random living is not a popular philosophical idea and topic. I can get the domain if I want it.
Except for home decoration which seems to have a lot to say about random living. There are lots of pictures of creative ways to change a space. They ask questions like "what to do with a random living room nook?"
There's nothing like black water to create an eerie sense. This is at the ROyal Botanical Gardens.
No comments:
Post a Comment