Monday, August 5, 2024

Aug 5 2024 - What are the Five Top Compliments!

 

What is the top compliment?  Supposedly it is "I love your cooking."  That comes from an English Grammar Class website and is the top retrieval on Google.  That just seems strange to me.  

It looks like the question can be complicated.  Do you want to compliment the "whole person?"  These are the proposed compliments:

  • I appreciate you.
  • You are perfect just the way you are.
  • You are enough.
  • On a scale from 1 to 10, you're an 11.
  • You've got all the right moves.
  • Everything would be better if more people were like you.
  • You are an incredible human.
  • You're wonderful.
What about compliments for friends?  Well, that's different:
  • You make people feel comfortable.
  • Your personality really shines.
  • I'm so grateful to have you in my life.
  • You're such a great listener.  
  • You're so funny, you always make me laugh.
  • Your confidence inspires me.
  • Your friendship means the world to me. 
  • You're the brightest person I know.
What about a little humour? I found this one on Reddit:
  • You are looking a lot better since you won that massive super-jumbo lottery.
I guess that's because I found the article about the 18-year-old student, Shea Glover, who in 2015 took photos of other students, or maybe videos.  She did a before and after - that is after telling them they are beautiful.  I found the article HERE.  Her actual line was: 

I'm taking pictures of things I find beautiful.

Is there an update on Shea Glover?  There seems to be one HERE.  Sort of.  Or maybe it is a retelling of the project.  No Shea Glover website so far.
 

It isn't hard to look at these Gerberas and see how beautiful they are.
Read more daily posts here:
marilyncornwellblogspot.com

Purchase works here:
Fine Art America- marilyncornwell.com
Redbubble - marilyncornwellart.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment