Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Marilyn's Photos - July 29 2026 - Cartoon of the Day

 

Remember that song?  Be Happy.  How do we add a portion of "happy" each day.  I suggest some additional cartoons.  We used to have a page of cartoons in the newspapers, but that dwindled down and down to just a small grouping in the Globe and Mail.  Mind you, they are good cartoons.  How do I know this?  I found the site Humortimes.com and have checked out more than a dozen cartoonists.  The Globe and Mail's chosen few are definitely some of the best.  I am looking for cartoons similar to what is in The Globe and Mail - Cornered by Mike Baldwin, Speed Bump by Tyson Cole and Piraro/Bizarro.

Here's one I found at the Funnytimes site.
      Here's the link to FunnyTimes https://funnytimes.com/category/cartoon-of-the-week/ it says it is America's Funniest Newspaper since 1985. It contains categories such as Politics, Love, Cat, Friendship, and Chuckles. This looks like the source for  finding some daily humour.  It is like finding an entirely new sort of Library.

      Along the way, I find out there are many activities and events in the cartoon industry/profession. This is a busy field -  there's the International Editorial Cartoon Awards HERE. Editorial does mean political, so these aren't going to get to the Happy List each day.  Tthe humour cartoonist of the year is Emily Flake - that's the 2026 Thurber Prize in Cartoon Art - a U.S. award. I think she's the artist of the raccoon cartoons that are so popular now. There's the Eisner Awards and there's the top 40 caricature influencers of 2026. Social Media has opened up the profession significantly.

      In all, this investigation has been an interesting experience - it is like carrying out a google search years ago, where I did the research and came up with the short list. And AI wasn't pushing in trying to give all the answers.  I don't seem to have succeeded in turning off AI permanently.

      The search for daily cartoons will continue.  Here's another addition to the Happy List. 
          Here's a showstopper garden in Grimsby this year.  All these flowers blooming beautifully in pots!
          Read past POTD's at my Blog:

          http://blog.marilyncornwell.com
          Purchase at:
          FAA - marilyncornwell.com
          Redbubble marilyncornwellart.com

          No comments:

          Post a Comment